Belly fat – the most stubborn fat in obese people. Although, it is a well known fact that losing even a single pound from your body is not an easy task, losing it from the belly section may prove to be a more hectic task. Diets and exercises are the two basic aspects that you need to consider when talking about weight loss. Many people believe that weight gain is just due to excessive intake of calories and if you restrict your calorie intake, you will start losing weight. However, this is not exactly what matters. Reducing the amount of calories in your diet is the way how you restrict any excessive calorie intake that may lead to conversion in fats. On the other hand, exercising helps you to burn the already stored fats as well as develop lean muscles that increase your body’s metabolism and assist in the fat burning process. So, both of them are equally important. You may lose weight even without regular exercising but then the loss in the weight would be due to the decrease in the lean muscles and possibly loss in water. So, there is no fat loss and still you lose weight. This type of weight loss is not safe and the weight thus lost can be regained. The top 5 exercises for weight loss have been discussed below.
Top 5 Exercises to Lose Belly Fat
1. Captain’s Chair Leg Raise: You need a captain’s chair and a rack which has padded arms that allow your legs to hang free. To do this exercise, you need to stand on the chair gripping the holds with both the hands. Let your body properly rely on your hands. Push your back to the pad at the back of the chair. Now, lift both your knees and move them towards your chest. Bring them back to normal and repeat the same for about 15 times. You can do 2 – 3 sets of this exercise.
2. Bicycle Exercise: This exercise basically targets your obliques and the six packs. In this exercise you just pretend as if you are cycling. To do this exercise, lie down on a mat. Lift both your legs bringing your knees towards your chest. Pull your shoulder a little bit above the floor while you are lifting your legs. Now, bring your right elbow towards your left knee. Straighten your right leg at the same time. All the three movements must be in harmony with each other. Bring your knee and elbow to the normal position as they were and then repeat the same with the other leg and arm. Do it continuously now as if you are pedaling. You can do 3 sets of this exercise with 14 repetitions in each set.
3. Long Arm Crunch: Lie down on the floor with your arms behind, touching your ears. Keeping your arms straight, lift your upper body contacting your abs. Do 2 – 3 sets of this exercise with each set having about 14 repetitions.
4. Exercise Ball Crunch: You need an exercise ball for this exercise. Lie on the ball with the lower back of your body supported by it. Keep your hands behind your head. Lift your torso now and contract your abs simultaneously. Try contracting your abs so that you pull your rib cage towards your hips. Perform about 12 repetitions. Do 2 – 3 sets of it.
5. Vertical Leg Crunch: Lie on the floor with your legs up in the air. Keep your knees crossed and then lift your shoulder up with the hands behind your head. Come to normal and then repeat it again. You can do 2 -3 sets of this exercise with every set having about 14 repetitions.